Back Pain Treatment in Comstock Park
Research suggests that as many as 8 or 9 out of 10 of us will experience low back pain at least one point in our lives. For many of us, this can become a chronic problem affecting our day-to-day activities. If you ever find yourself struggling with pain, stiffness, and limited activity tolerance due to a low back issue, then consider chiropractic care as your first line of defense. Our chiropractor in Comstock Park, Dr. Jeff Gorbach, has spent the past 7 years helping hundreds of people experience the real difference that natural, non-invasive, and drug-free pain management solutions can make for low back pain.
Common Causes of Low Back Pain
Your spine is a highly nuanced, intricate system made up of muscle, bone, joints, ligaments, tendons, nerves, and other connective tissue. Proper spinal health and alignment is critical for overall well-being. Some of the most common causes of low back pain that our chiropractor in Comstock Park diagnoses and treats includes:
- Muscle strain or spasm
- Joint misalignment/vertebral subluxation
- Lumbar spinal stenosis (narrowing of the spinal canal)
- Vertebral disc bulge or herniation
- Spinal nerve impingement
5 Simple Tips for A Healthier Spine---And How Our Comstock Park Chiropractor Can Help
If there's any "good" thing about back pain, it’s that many of the underlying causes are largely preventable through a few simple lifestyle choices. Here are 5 things you can do to manage or prevent low back issues:
- Maintain an active lifestyle. Sedentary behavior is correlated with a variety of health problems, including low back pain. Our Comstock chiropractor can help you prepare for physical activity by prescribing corrective exercises to increase the strength and flexibility of important postural muscles. He also offers lifestyle counseling to help you determine the best and most appropriate type of exercise for you.
- Maintain a healthy weight. Excessive weight imposes higher loads on the supportive structures in the low back. Dr. Gorbach provides nutritional counseling to help people lose body fat in a safe, effective, and individualized way. He also advises his patients on nutritional supplements that support anti-inflammation and cellular repair.
- Learn and use proper posture and body mechanics. Repetitive strain or improper movement patterns can lead tension, inflammation, and stress on your low back. Through postural re-education, our chiropractor can help you improve your body mechanics at work, during sport, and at home.
- Manage your stress. Poor coping strategies and high levels of stress raise the level of certain hormones in the body which can exacerbate pain perception. Research shows mindfulness and breathing exercises can help regulate these hormone levels and reduce subjective stress, thereby providing natural and innate pain relief. Massage therapy is also instrumental in stress management and injury prevention, as it promotes circulation, muscle relaxation, and an overall sense of well-being.
- Get an adjustment from our Grand Rapids & Comstock Park chiropractor. Dr. Gorbach provides chiropractic adjustments that realign your spine and reduce tension on the nervous system. He also provides lifestyle counseling to help you acknowledge any factors--such as poor sleeping habits or smoking--that may be contributing to your pain. Lastly, through spinal screenings, Dr. Gorbach can identify hidden issues with your spinal alignment and correct these through chiropractic adjustments and other manual techniques, helping you prevent a problem before it even develops.
Ask Yourself: How's My Spine Health? If you’re Ready For Low Back Pain Relief, Then Call Our Comstock Park & Grand Rapids Chiropractor Now
For effective and long-lasting pain relief that addresses the root of your low back pain problem--rather than simply masking the symptoms--then call our Comstock Park and Grand Rapids chiropractor today, Dr. Gorbach, at 616-419-3399.